RC Controller V2.0 and V2.1 Code

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RC Tractor Guy
    Keymaster

If you have any questions about the code then you can ask here. Also if you have any updates that I can include in the library to benefit everyone then you can also let me know here.

GastonLagaffe
    Participant

Salut,
    I cannot see any link to download the software. I registered and logged in but did not help

Ciao, Mathias

RC Tractor Guy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I see I linked to the wrong folder on the download page, I’ve fixed that now.

Here is a direct link to the zip folder which should allow you to download it: http://rctractorguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/RCTractorControllerV2.zip

GastonLagaffe
    Participant

Salut,
    thanks for the link. Unfortunately arduinoIDE 1.6.8 seems not to like the mega pro as it is not able to upload to that board. As I use UECIDE (uecide.org) I was able to upload the sketch using that more flexible IDE.

WOuld it be possible that you publish the schematics for the controller? I am using a ITEAD 2.4 shield and I need to adjust the code to match this TFT driver.

Ciao, Mathias

GastonLagaffe
    Participant

Salut,
    the code has some problems:
    – RCTractorControllerAdafruit_TFTLCD.cpp – on lines 24 and 25 you define the screen size to be 480×320, changed back to 240×320 for 2.4″ TFT
    – RCTractorControllerV2.cpp – on line 988 you hard-code the rotation to 2 (most likely due to the large screen you used), changed back to 0

Encoder Left_1 and Right_1 work ok
    All buttons work as expected.

The touch function is not (yet) working: it is upside down and it states: “Unknown controller”. It reads the y-position but not the x-position. Will need to investigate if this is related to the large LCD settings

Ciao, Mathias

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by GastonLagaffe. Reason: error on joystick resolved
    RC Tractor Guy
    Keymaster

That is annoying I am using 1.6.6, I’ll have to test with 1.6.8 when I get a chance. I hadn’t heard of UECIDE before, it looks good.

I have uploaded a schematic to the site now, here is a link: http://rctractorguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/RC_Controller_mini_mega.pdf

The rotation was set to 2 for the R61520 driver which seems to be upside down, I previously used an S6D0154 driver screen and the rotation had to be set to 0 for that one.

Yes I didn’t figure out how to get the touchscreen working, the upside down screen will be because on line 5989 of RCTractorControllerV2.cpp the code I was working from sets the screen rotation to 2 again.

Thanks for the input on the code.

Nishitoku
    Participant

Hi,
    just got that new controller with the mega mini pro and the 2.4″ TFT. Beautiful thing! Great work.
    I ran into a problem with code, though.
    I tried to compile and upload the v2.1 code but got 2 errors.
    – glcdfont.c missing
    – “registers.h” missing
    I got the glcdfont.c from the Ardafruit GFX Lib. The registers.h from somewhere.

The program compiles with the 2 files but the TFT does not initialize.(Only backlight)

Have the registers.h or the glcdfont.c specific files and where to get them?

Im thankful for all suggestions 🙂

GastonLagaffe
    Participant

Salut,
    I copied the glcdfont.c file from the library Adafruit_GFX adn the registers.h from Adafruit_TFTLCD and this worked on my controller.
    Did you get the TFT with the kit or did you use your own? I got my own TFT from previous projects and had ti adjust the driver.

You can test the TFT directly by running the examples in the Adafruit_TFTLCD library.

Ciao, Mathias

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by GastonLagaffe.
    RC Tractor Guy
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know about the missing files, I’ve added them into an updated version of the library. I think it will solve your screen not working issue, your screen has the R61526 driver and ID is 0x1520 I think. I also fixed the screen rotation issue discussed earlier and added driver IDs 0x9328, 0x6809 and 0x9335. Here is the new version of the library.

Nishitoku
    Participant

Thanks, guys! With the new Version it works fine.
    Perfekt.
    Thx again 🙂

John360
    Participant

Just tested the controller for the first time, something needs improvements, I don’t know if it’s me but 1 or 2 menus make the programme block and another pair doesn’t work really well.
    But the first thing I noticed is the screen was upside down :), so I added the screen id 9341 to set rotation “2” (there was another one).
    I don’t know if the touchscreen should work but mine doesn’t.
    Maybe there should be a repository with the code and all instructions to make it work, so people can contribute to make it even better and better.
    I never did something like that and I study Java, not C++ but maybe I could do something to help.

RC Tractor Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Giovanni,

Some of the menus aren’t finished so they might freeze. I have been very busy for the last few weeks so haven’t had much time to work on the controller or the tractor code for that matter. I didn’t do any coding on for the touch screens yet so they aren’t implemented in any menus. Yes I had been hoping people would be able to contribute to the code but I had hoped to get the time to explain it better and do some commenting in the libraries.

ironworker221
    Participant

Im using a L298N with an aurduino uno, trying to run two dc motors with a joystick, can anyone tell me what is wrong with the code i am using.Would like to run one motor on the x axis and one motor on the y axis.

// Motor A

int enA = 9;
    int in1 = 8;
    int in2 = 7;

// Motor B

int enB = 3;
    int in3 = 5;
    int in4 = 4;

// Joystick Input

int joyVert = A0; // Vertical
    int joyHorz = A1; // Horizontal

// Motor Speed Values – Start at zero

int MotorSpeed1 = 0;
    int MotorSpeed2 = 0;

// Joystick Values – Start at 512 (middle position)

int joyposVert = 512;
    int joyposHorz = 512;

void setup()

{

// Set all the motor control pins to outputs

pinMode(enA, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(enB, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(in1, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(in2, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(in3, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(in4, OUTPUT);

// Start with motors disabled and direction forward

// Motor A

digitalWrite(enA, LOW);
    digitalWrite(in1, HIGH);
    digitalWrite(in2, LOW);

// Motor B

digitalWrite(enB, LOW);
    digitalWrite(in3, HIGH);
    digitalWrite(in4, LOW);

}

void loop() {

// Read the Joystick X and Y positions

joyposVert = analogRead(joyVert);
    joyposHorz = analogRead(joyHorz);

// Determine if this is a forward or backward motion
    // Do this by reading the Verticle Value
    // Apply results to MotorSpeed and to Direction

if (joyposVert < 460)

// This is Backward

// Set Motor A backward

digitalWrite(in1, LOW);
    digitalWrite(in2, HIGH);

// Set Motor B backward

if (joyposHorz < 460)
    {

digitalWrite(in3, HIGH);
    digitalWrite(in4, LOW);

//Determine Motor Speeds

// As we are going backwards we need to reverse readings

joyposVert = joyposVert – 460; // This produces a negative number
    joyposVert = joyposVert * -1; // Make the number positive

joyposHorz = joyposHorz – 460; // This produces a negative number
    joyposHorz = joyposHorz * -1; // Make the number positive

MotorSpeed1 = map(joyposVert, 0, 460, 0, 255);
    MotorSpeed2 = map(joyposHorz, 0, 460, 0, 255);

}
    else if (joyposVert > 564)
    {
    // This is Forward

// Set Motor A forward

digitalWrite(in1, HIGH);
    digitalWrite(in2, LOW);

// Set Motor B forward

}
    else if (joyposHorz > 564)
    {

digitalWrite(in3, LOW);
    digitalWrite(in4, HIGH);

//Determine Motor Speeds

MotorSpeed1 = map(joyposVert, 564, 1023, 0, 255);
    MotorSpeed2 = map(joyposHorz, 564, 1023, 0, 255);

}
    else
    {
    // This is Stopped

MotorSpeed1 = 0;
    MotorSpeed2 = 0;

}

if (MotorSpeed1 < 8)MotorSpeed1 = 0;
    if (MotorSpeed2 < 8)MotorSpeed2 = 0;

// Set the motor speeds

analogWrite(enA, MotorSpeed1);
    analogWrite(enB, MotorSpeed2);

}

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.