Siku Control

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    loughfield
    Participant

Morning, over the weekend I was in my local Symths toys, in the model farm yard section they had three Siku controlled tractors and a joskin trailer, I was speaking to the owner about trying to find a static Scania for conversion, he started to tell me about the trouble the electronics give and how he had the three tractors and the trailer as display models all broken, 60 euro later they were in the back of my car

RC Tractor Guy
    Keymaster

An excellent score, did they come with controllers? What are your plans for them, fix them or modify them?

I bought two second hand tractors and I’m trying to convert them to my system so that I don’t need a different controller. My first attempt didn’t work perfectly yet so I’m rethinking how I’m going to do it.

loughfield
    Participant

To be honest I saw them and just bought them, I was thinking of your mail box when you purchased the two Siku tractors. I was hoping it might be a simple conversion to NFL system, the John Deere is a this years model which I already have, I was thinking of just transferring all the components into the silage harvester I’m hoping to convert if I get my head around the electronics, the seconds John Deere I’m going to put the parts into a static New Holland I have, and the third is a Class which I’m going to keep RC and put the NRL controls into it.

loughfield
    Participant

No they came without controllers, two are infra controlled, on this years model John Deere when I tried my Siku controller on it the steering locked to one side all the drive axel gearbox seem to be working ok with no slip in them.

RC Tractor Guy
    Keymaster

Oh I just replied to your email there. I like your different plans, sound very interesting. You say the steering is locking over, since you have two donor tractors you might be able to swap the steering servo from a different one and determine if the problem is in the servo or on the tractors control board.

I wasn’t able to figure out how to control the 4 wire Siku servo which is rather annoying, I might take the control board from a cheap hobby servo and see if that works. I tried to control them using motor driver boards but the John Deere 6920 model was too small so that’s why I’m thinking about the cheap hobby servo now instead.

marcus123
    Participant

How big is the siku control four wire servo???

RC Tractor Guy
    Keymaster

I don’t have any out of the models at the minute, I’ll try remember when I’m modifying the Fendt 930 to take a few measurements.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.