Early RC Tractor Guy JD 9560R wiring with the XBee

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RC Tractor Guy
    Keymaster

Oisin,
    On your video for setting up the electronics for the John Deere you plug the Arduino into a electronic component on the cheese board, what is the name of this component,

I guess you are referring to this video? At 18:55 the component to the left of the Arduino is the XBee, it is in a socket which converts the 1 mm pin pitch of the XBee to the 2.54 mm pin pitch of the bread board. On the right is the TB6612FNG motor driver. Does that answer your question?

loughfield
    Participant

Thanks that answers my question, do you have a link where to buy one and are you going to the model show in Kilkenny

RC Tractor Guy
    Keymaster

Here is an Xbee Adapter

Here is the TB6612FNG

No I wont be down to the Kilkenny show. I’m planing to go to the Monaghan Toy Show again, it was good fun last year.

loughfield
    Participant

Saw the video from the ploughing it’s pretty cool, when is the Monaghan toy show on?

loughfield
    Participant

It’s very annoying waiting for part from China, I ordered parts six weeks ago, for two tractors and a trailer and still haven’t arrived they are re sending them, slows the conversion down.

RC Tractor Guy
    Keymaster

It’s on in November I think but I haven’t seen any exact date yet. Yes parts from China can be very frustrating at times, especially around the holidays.

Bullitt RS
    Participant

Are the Xbee and the Xbee adapter very important for the RC build?

Because they weren’t on the list of the JD 9560R parts.
    If they are important or necessary then I will order them as well.

RC Tractor Guy
    Keymaster

No when I first started this hobby I used XBee’s because they are great and easy to use. The problem is I was looking at how much it was going to cost me to put an XBee in every model so I switched to the NRF24L01 radio transceivers instead. So the John Deere 9560R now uses NRF24L01 radio modules which is why it’s not in the parts list. However some people prefer to use them still which is fine they are really good but I don’t have the code for them as I haven’t used them in a tractor in a long time sp if you wanted to use them you’d have to modify my code slightly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.